Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Without Sunshine...

As we all know Maura is about to embark on an amazing journey. She will be beginning a new chapter in her life in February of 2008. This is the perfect opportunity for her to spread her spiritual wings and bless others the way she has blessed our family.

This blog is dedicated to Maura Jo Smith and her beautiful free spirit.


Maura is full of service and always willing to help others. She does so much without complaint. She has been a model aunt. Kaden and Skyler adore her. They love when she comes to visit and are full of stories when she leaves. Who wouldn't have fun building forts, having races, and jumping as high as you can until you reach the archway in the kitchen.







Maura fills her life with positive things and surrounds others with her positivity as well. She has such a cheery disposition even when she is sick or runs into tough times her giant smile and loving spirit seem to seep right out. Maura has so many amazing attributes to offer and we know she will make an exceptional sister missionary.
Maura is wise beyond her years and though she is younger than myself she has managed to teach me a lesson or two. She has been my friend my confidant and of course my sister-in-law.
Thank You Maura for being an exceptional women. You truly have blessed this family's life and we will miss you so much. Preach that gospel sister. Until you return we will be without our Sunshine.
Love, Chrisy

9 comments:

The Hillan Family said...

Oh, I just love Maura! You said it perfect Chrisy. We will miss her but oh my, I can't wait to hear the stories she will have! Love you guys!

Mom and Me said...

I second all that you said. I love Maura! She is one very special person. I am so excited to hear her talk in Jan. We are so lucky to have her is our family.
Thanks for this post.

Cardon Family said...

Maura is the absolute best! You said everything perfectly and she will be missed, but she will be an awesome missionary! She is the best!

The Palmer family said...

Oh Chrisy, I love this blog post! It is perfect. She does bring such sunshine into our lives. I can't believe my little sis is going on a mission. She has been such a good example to me all our lives. I love you Maur!
Love Kam

Jeri said...

OK I'm crying!!! That is the sweetest thing you did. You are an angel in our family too. I love you forever mom

Johnson Family said...

That was so sweet and so perfect. We love Maura...she is awesome and has taught me so many things! She will do so awesome on her mission, everyone that she will meet will be so very lucky!

The Hillan Family said...

We need an update on your crazy life! Miss you guys!

Jacque said...

Maura was one of my best friends growing up in N.M. I moved when I was 14. Bummer. But I sure loved her. I am adding this to my list of blogs if that's ok! Sweet post by-the-way.

matt and amie said...

I am so glad that a blog was set up for Maura, I grew up with her in N.M. also and haven't seen her since i was like 13! I hope that everything is going well for her!